Legal Counsel at Punj Llyod | India
Experienced legal counsel with a demonstrated history of working in the engineering procurement and construction, steel, mines, and metals industries. Skilled in litigation strategy, arbitration, drafting, criminal law, company law, corporate governance, and international law. Strong legal professional with a B.Sc LL.B(Hons.) from Gujarat National Law University.
Legal Case Management:
· Litigation before all courts including the Supreme Court of India relating to pertaining to Companies Act, CBI, bail matters, insolvency, arbitration, GST, execution of arbitration awards, labor disputes, mining, and other Criminal Litigation. I have also participated in trials in the District courts relating to cases under the Companies Act and criminal litigation including the prevention of corruption act.
· Appeared before courts in different states on behalf of the company in criminal cases, execution cases, recovery of monies cases, mining cases, GST, and arbitration.
· Provided opinions on various law points and handled court proceedings before various lower courts and high courts across the country, arbitration, client conferences, and senior advocate briefings.
· Handled winding up petitions of the Company and assisted senior advocates.
· Appointment, liasioning, and coordination with law firms, advocates, senior advocates, government officials, and vendors.
· Core member of the strategy team of the company for strategizing litigations with Directors and Promoters.
· Following up and providing assistance with court proceedings of various companies pertaining to the Registrar of Companies and its related matters in the higher courts
· Dealing with law enforcement agencies, vendors, service providers, and suppliers with regard to legal
Drafting & Advisory:
· Expertise in drafting, vetting, negotiating and finalizing contracts, agreements, and documents which includes project financing documentation, service agreement, master agreement, consultancy agreement, employment agreements, NDA, etc
· Liasioning with various government/public authorities regarding taxation, labor laws etc
· Conflict and dispute resolution among different stakeholders, assisting in negotiation between parties and ensuring the best legal solution to meet commercial-friendly objectives.
· Initiated settlement in various cases and effectively settled them.
· An effective communicator with exceptional relationship management skills & adept at maintaining cordial business relations with senior legal counsels and other external agencies.