Senior Associate at Hamdan Alshamsi | United Arab Emirates
Robert is a UK qualified Solicitor and has a broad international commercial and financial dispute practice, with specialist focus in agreements arising out of property, finance, banking and shareholder disputes, as well as wider fraud.
• He is a leading international commercial litigator who manages a complex and high value caseload with a record of achieving successful results against top tier competitor tier 1 global law firms.
• His main areas of expertise are Construction, Banking, and Financial mis-selling disputes with regulatory aspects before the DIFC Courts.
• He practised at Clyde & Co LLP in England & Wales dealing with claims before the Commercial Court and Chancery Division of the High Court where he handled large loss insurance claims for international blue-chip clients from a variety of industries in complex, multi-party and cross-jurisdictional disputes.
• He has substantial experience before arbitral tribunals and the courts of offshore jurisdictions, in particular the DIFC Courts, ADGM Courts and Dubai World Tribunal Courts (Special Tribunal Related to Dubai World).
• Robert’s work involves issues as to applicable law, jurisdiction and cross border enforcement including handling multi-jurisdiction enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards.
• He regularly represents clients in arbitrations governed by various institutional rules including DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, UNCITRAL and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Robert has also represented several high net worth individuals in employment claims before the DIFC Courts & Employment Tribunal in the UK.