Partner, Schellenberg Wittmer | Switzerland
Benjamin Borsodi is a partner in Schellenberg Wittmer’s Dispute resolution team.
As head of the Internal Corporate Investigations group in Geneva, his areas of practice include fraud and business crime, international mutual legal assistance, corporate investigations, asset tracing, recovery and compliance as well as banking litigation.
With extensive experience in complex fraud matters, Benjamin is recognized as a highly recommended practitioner in white-collar crime by international leading legal publications and directories. Chambers and Partners say that clients describe him as “one of the best counsel” and that he is “dynamic, responsive, client-friendly” and “brings a fresh and imaginative approach to cases.” Legal 500 quotes that he is “immensely able and tenacious” and according to Who’s Who Legal, Benjamin Borsodi “is a standout talent in the field“, and is “widely respected for his top-tier practice.”
Among his achievements are the following:
- Acting on behalf of a sovereign State to recover substantial assets dissipated trough a multijurisdictional fraud and bribery scheme
- Obtaining the release of significant assets for a Russian individual entangled in allegations of a “pump-and-dump” market manipulation scheme
- Representing one of the leading commodities trading company in a large scale criminal investigation for fraud and corruption
- Defending one of the major Brazilian construction companies for the Swiss aspects of the Petrobras scandal
- Assisting the trustees and beneficiaries of a trust in the context of massive assets’ misappropriation and breach of trust
Benjamin Borsodi is active in various professional associations and has authored several publications on business crime related issues. He is a regular speaker at international conferences, in particular in the field of fraud and asset recovery.