Advocate, Partner at Lidings | Russia
Alexander Popelyuk is a Partner in the Bankruptcy practice of Lidings. Heads the Dispute Resolution and Employment practices of the firm. His expertise within the firm spans bankruptcy, insolvency proceedings and business restructuring, as well as representing clients’ interests in employment disputes and corporate conflicts, insurance disputes and advising on debt collection issues. Alexander has extensive experience in advising Russian and international companies from different industrial sectors, mainly from energy, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, manufacturing, IT and electronics and major financial institutions.
Ranked by Best Lawyers Rating as a prominent Russian specialist in Arbitration and Mediation, Criminal Defense, Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation.
- Representing interests of a major global pharmaceutical company in a debt recovery dispute with counteragents in Turkmenistan and Georgia and attaining recognition of the Russian Arbitrazh court’s decision in both countries
- Representing AstraZeneca in a dispute with a Russian distributor on debt recovery over a supply contract worth over RUR 220 mln.
- Representing a global powering solutions provider in a bankruptcy of a Russian, caused by the actions of the management, complicated by corporate disputes between the participants, and associated litigation abroad
- Representing Numpho Fuel Terminal in the process of recognition and enforcement of a North Korean judgment in Russia
- Representing interests of Chepetsky mechanical plant in a debt recovery dispute with Chinese counteragent, preparing for securing recognition and enforcement of the Russian Arbitrazh court’s judgment in China