Senior Commercial, Claims and Dispute Resolution Advisor, | Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Ahmed Afifi, LLM, MSc, FCIArb, CIOB, PMP
- During Eighteen (18) years of experience, Afifi experience to date encompasses contract
management, commercial and dispute resolution which there amount reached more
than USD 50 Billion. Those were between master plan development (KSA, Riyadh,
Diriyah), infrastructure, refinery (Egyptian Refinery Company projects in Cairo
(Mostorod), Cairo Metro line three (3), Cairo International Airport (Terminal 2) and the
Grand Egyptian Museum.
- Afifi has worked in numerous Arbitration proceedings in Egypt as an claims/dispute
resolution expert and as a council to one of the disputed parties.
- Afifi has also worked in many geographical areas, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Libya, Tanzania and
- Through his experience, Afifi has dealt with multiple types of Contracts, including the
FIDIC fourth edition (1987), the Red Book 1999, the MDB harmonized copy (Pink Book)
in its both versions, 2005 and 2010 and finally the Ad-Hoc Contracts.
- Author/co-author of 2 published Project Management technical papers.
- Awarded Masters of Construction Law and Arbitration from Robert Gordon University
- Awarded Masters of Construction Project Management from Heriot-Watt University
- Expert Determination – RICS since 2022
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 2017
- Incorporate Member of Chartered Institute of Building Since 2012
- Project Management professional (PMP) certified since 2011.